Employee productivity is essential to the success of any business and the latest statistics prove that to stay ahead in today’s global environment, you need a happy, healthy and high-performing workforce.
But there’s one thing which can stand in the way, eating away at your profits, reducing the overall productivity of your team and ultimately resulting in your top staff leaving the business, and that is work-related stress.
Let’s take a look at the latest UK statistics on work-related stress
- 1 in 6 workers will experience stress and stress-related problems at work
- Stress is responsible for 40% of all work related illness
- The total working days lost in one year due to stress and stress-related illness is 11.3 million, with an average of 23 days off, per case, costing UK employers £1.24 billion
- 1/3 of all organisations in the UK included stress in their top 5 causes of absence
(Health and Safety Executive)
So, why do anything about it?
Primarily, Employers have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure the welfare of their employees and stress-related illness falls under this banner. By putting measures in place to ensure the well-being of your staff, not only do you reduce absenteeism but you also reduce costs associated with recruitment, increase efficiency, productivity and motivation for the entire workforce.
If you can start to harvest a culture that values the individual, by providing them with the tools and techniques to manage stress in the workplace and assisting them in reaching their potential, all parties will reap the benefits.
What can you do next?
Pinnacle Therapy are experts at helping businesses reach their true potential by ensuring strength of mind within the workforce.
We are hosting a FREE ‘Overcoming Stress In The Workplace’ Webinar on Thursday 3rd September 2015 at 11am. We’ll be giving you practical advice and guidance to help you to:
- Recognize the impact of stress on the employer and the employee
- Audit the current situation in your workplace to understand business risk
- Spot individuals who need support
- Overcome areas or people of concern
- Understand the power of a resilient workforce, and how to achieve this
- Analyze business KPIs that you can effect by strong interventions
If you are interested, then please sign up for your FREE stress webinar at: